Please read the rules carefully before entering.
- Closing date for receipt of entries is 31st March 2018 at midnight BST. Longlist / shortlist announced in May, winners June.
- The maximum length of submissions is 5,000 words (not including title), there is no minimum length. Stories can be on any theme or subject.
- Entries must be made online only and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Competition Entry’ in the subject box.
- Stories can be submitted from anywhere in the world, by either published or unpublished authors.
- Authors may enter as many stories as they like. The entry fee is £8 per story. Each entry will require a new Paypal transaction, but stories can be submitted in the same email. You do not need a Paypal account, simply click ‘check out’ button instead.
- No corrections or alterations can be made to the story after submission.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and must not have been previously published, in print or online (including websites, blogs, social network sites). Simultaneous submissions are welcome – but please let us know as soon as possible if a story is to be published elsewhere or has won a prize or been shortlisted in another writing competition, so it can be withdrawn.
- First prize is £500 plus publication online. Second prize is £100 plus publication online. Third prize is a place on our online masterclass. All shortlisted stories will be published online.
- Stories should be attached as a Word document rather than in the body of an email, as either .doc, .docx, .odt, or .txt files. Please include your Paypal reference number in the body of the email as proof of purchase.
- Stories are read anonymously, so do not put you name on the work. Please attach a separate document with your details if your name is not indicated by the email. Stories will be assigned an ID in order for us to identify their authors at the longlist stage.
- Entrants must be aged 16 or over at time of entry.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or discussion can be entered into.
- If you have any queries regarding the competition, please use the email address above.